Sometimes it feels like New Year’s resolutions are made to be broken. You start telling yourself you are going to exercise outside more, while looking at a thermometer that reads 5 degrees right now or you assure yourself you will eat better, but you have a house full of left over holiday treats! This year we thought we would help you with a New Year’s resolution for your hair health that should hopefully not be too hard to keep.
For Those That Have Never Seen A Hair Loss Specialist
- If you are still on the fence, 2018 is the year to finally see a hair loss specialist. Prevention is truly the key to treating hair loss, as once the scalp is visible, up to 50% of your hair density has already been lost! Female-pattern hair loss (Androgenetic Alopecia) is progressive, meaning it gets worse over time. As more and more hairs become “affected” they eventually go into hibernation, so to speak. In this dormant state, it is more difficult to fully restore a hair. In 2018 take 60 minutes out of your schedule and meet with a hair loss specialist that can find the best treatment for you.
For Those That Have Not Been Back to Their Hair Loss Specialist
- If you have been doing hair loss treatments, make sure to see your hair loss specialist for a follow up appointment. We recommend patients come in at least every 12 months, but ideally every 6 months for follow up. This is extremely important to not only track changes in your hair, but also to make sure that any medical or lifestyle changes have not affected your hair.
For Those Currently Treating Their Hair Loss
- If you are currently treating your hair loss, stick with it! Whether you are doing Formula 82M, using a Low Level Laser Therapy device, completing Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, or some combination of all of them, continue following the treatment protocol. When patients come in for follow ups, they often cannot believe how great the before and after photos are, because it can sometimes be difficult to notice the results when you see your hair every day. You honestly forget what your hair looked like before treatment.
- Take a daily multivitamin to help assure your follicles are provided with the adequate nutrition they need to grow strong. The following vitamins and minerals are essential for not only hair, but healthy skin and nails as well:
- Copper, Iron, Zinc, Biotin, Vitamins B6, B12, A, C, D, E, and Omega-3’s
We hope you have a safe and exciting New Year!
Posted by Your Medi Tresse Team