If you are anything like the team here at Medi Tresse, you have probably spent the last month coming up with a list of New Year's Resolutions for 2017. Since our main focus at Medi Tresse is the well-being of your hair, we just want to make sure you do not forget about the health of your locks this upcoming year! Here are a few resolutions that will help improve hair health and decrease breakage in 2017!
- Take a daily multivitamin to help assure your follicles are provided with the adequate nutrition they need to grow strong. The following vitamins and minerals are essential for not only hair, but healthy skin and nails as well:
- Copper, Iron, Zinc, Biotin, Vitamins B6, B12, A, C, D, E, and Omega-3’s
- While taking a daily multi-vitamin is great, nothing beats the natural vitamins and nutrients we get from our diet. Try to make foods that are naturally high in vitamins and nutrients essential to hair health a staple in your diet, such as dark leafy greens, which are high in Iron, Copper, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E or avocados, which are high in Biotin and Copper. You can find a full list of foods in our Avoid the Crash Diet This New Year blog post.
- Try to use the same shampoo for at least 6 months before changing it. Hair can respond to the changing chemicals in the shampoos and become too dry.
- Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks, which promotes strong, healthy locks that are free of brittle split-ends.
- Try not to over style your hair. While you can find a blow dryer and flat iron straightener in all of our bathrooms, just remember that excessive heat can damage the hair, and we want to be careful not to dry out the follicle. Moderation is the key when it comes to using your blow dryer and flat iron.
If you have any hair health questions in 2017, please remember you can always reach out to the Medi Tresse teams in Boston and Chattanooga. Most importantly, we hope that you and your family have a safe and healthy 2017.
Posted by Your Medi Tresse Team