If you have recently started hair rejuvenation therapy to combat your hair loss, you may already be noticing healthier locks. Now it is important to continue caring for it. By following these simple tips, you can care for your hair and retain your fuller mane for years to come.
1. Avoid Over-Drying: Adjust your haircare routine to eliminate harsh products and heat. Shampooing and conditioning your hair too often will remove the critical oils on your scalp, drying out the rest of your hair. Instead, try simple cleaning your hair with water sometimes. Also avoid straighteners and curling irons as much as possible, as these can burn and dry your locks.
2. Use Quality Products: Resorting to cheap cleaning and styling products can fill your hair with chemicals, damaging and drying your strands. Instead, ask your stylist about the best possible products for your newly rejuvenated hair. While this switch may require an investment, it will be worth it for your hair’s vitality.
3. Mind Your Diet: A diet rich in iron and protein is key to strong, healthy hair. Your stylist and doctor may also have recommendations for dietary supplements to add more nutrients. As a general rule, eating a balanced diet full of fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats will encourage growth.
4. Brush With Care: Only pick up your hairbrush when absolutely necessary. Over-brushing can yank out your hair by the follicles, leading to further loss. Depending on the texture of your hair, it probably doesn’t need to be brushed very often. Ask your stylist for more specific instructions.
5. Schedule Regular Haircuts: Letting your hair grow too long puts stress on the scalp and follicles, causing the strands to fall out. Keep your hair from falling too heavy by cutting it regularly. If you prefer a longer style, your stylist can add layers to lighten it up.
About 21 million women in the United States are living with hair loss, so you are not along in your experience. Hair rejuvenation therapy has provided a much-needed solution to many of these women, allowing them to feel vibrant once again. By taking these steps to retain the results of your therapy, you will retain this feeling of vitality as well.